Sunday, February 1, 2009

Love and Fairytales

I was so excited to try this ribbon blossom. It is so pretty and I couldn't wait to try it out. (I got the following picture from Splitcoast Stampers.) But I ran into a little problem. It does not say in the tutorial that organdy ribbon (sheer ribbon) works best. So, being that I have never tried it before and wouldn't know that grosgrain ribbon doesn't work as well, I made my ribbon blossom strictly with grosgrain. I still got the same effect, but it ended up being a lot bigger than it was supposed to be. I'll remember it for next time. Also, I think I might trim my ribbon a little more. I just might frame this in a shadow box and hang it in my bedroom. The stamp I used has the sweetest phrase: Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairytale. Isn't that romantic?

No comments: